I’m worried about someone else’s mental health. What can I do?

Is this person an imminent risk to themselves or someone else? If so, you should call 999 immediately.

If the risk is not immediate, you can contact Student Wellbeing Services or by phone: +44 (0)1225 876543.

We’ll follow things up, and if you prefer, we’ll keep your details confidential.

Further advice and guidance

Student Minds has some helpful information about how to start a conversation with a friend that you’re concerned about.


There are two ways you can tell us what happened