By submitting a report you consent to Bath Spa University processing the personal data (including sensitive personal data) you enter into this report in accordance with this privacy notice, the University’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Policy and procedures specifically set out in our Harassment Policy. We may use the information you provide for the purpose of:>
- Helping us to identify the best person for you to speak to in relation to your report;
- Providing the person with your contact details (if you have provided them) and some useful background information that will enable them to understand the nature of your concern or the incident you are reporting;
- Where applicable, reviewing your report and taking further action if required. For example, an investigation could lead to us carrying out disciplinary action. You can read more about this in our Harassment Policy. We will write to you to keep you inform of what we are doing.
- Once we have concluded any actions we have taken, we will write to you to inform you of the outcome. We will only retain your personal information for a further four months in case you wish to ask any questions. After then, we will delete what personal data you have provided. We may retain some information in order to monitor our work in this area but you will not be identifiable from this information.
- At any time, you may ask that we stop processing your personal data and that we safely and securely delete the information you gave us.
Your identity and your other personal data will be disclosed only where is it necessary to do so to provide the support you may require. For example with HR Business Partners, Student Support Advisors and will not be disclosed to any third parties without your consent unless there are legitimate reasons requiring us to do so, for example, where the information you have provided highlights a potential risk to a person’s health and safety.
Please be aware that if you disclose on an anonymous basis, Bath Spa University is not able to commit to taking any formal action. However, Bath Spa University will review and keep an anonymised record of your report to identify whether there have been/are other similar reports and whether there is a pattern of behaviour or trends which should be addressed. In order for us to be able to assist you fully we encourage you to provide us with your personal details.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to: email@example.com