What is sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment is unwanted behaviour of a sexual nature which:
- violates your dignity
- makes you feel; intimidated, degraded or humiliated
- created a hostile or offensive environment.
It is important to understand that you do not need to have previously objected to someone's behaviour for it to be considered unwanted.
Sexual harassment can include:
- sexual comments or jokes
- physical behaviour, including unwelcomed sexual advances, touching and various forms of sexual assault
- displaying pictures, photos or drawings of a sexual nature
- sending emails with a sexual content.
Find out more